In the iron and steel industry an advantage in the competiveness is given by the possibility to manage plants in a reliable way and optimizing maintenance costs. In the complexity of plants the use of advanced systems for preventing faults and hazardous events that could impact on people and environment is fundamental.
PdM, Condition Monitoring
Condition Monitoring services in the iron and steel industry involve the use of instrumentation for remote online measures acquisition and portable equipment for numerous activities:
• Vibration Analysis on cylinders, fans, motors, motor gears ecc.
• Remote online vibration monitoring systems
• Static and Dinamic electrical analysis on AC/DC motors at high/low voltage
• Supply and installation Real Time Balancing® automatic fan balancing systems
• Thermography on electric cabins and ovens
• Videoendoscopic Analysis on gears
• Oil Analysis
Reliability, Maintenance Management
ISE’s activities regarding Reliability and maintenance management aim to upgrade the availability of production plants e reduce maintenance costs.
The most important aspect of ISE’s consultancy project is to insure that at least 10-15% of activities are for classroom training and focused on an 85-90% on onsite coaching and on the job guidance.
The aspect that defines ISE’s projects its strength: not only to be able to advice or instruct procedures that can be heavy going on work procedures, but work on site next to the clients resources to help implement a Reliable Maintenance Management till the decisive phases.
ISE uses a Reliability Assessment metod which allows to analize maintenance performances and develop improvement processes in the different areas of the organization:
• Preventive maintenance optimization
• Maintenance planning & scheduling
• Spare part management
• EAM/CMMS Software management
• RCA (Root Cause Analysis)
• Asset criticality analysis
• RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance)
• FMECA (Failure Mode Effect and Criticality Analysis)